Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Playlist

Hey! I made you (and future me) a playlist. This compilation consists of songs that were meaningful to me at some point during these two years, or that I became obsessed with for a time. There are songs on here that will forever remind me of Cambodia for one reason or another (PSY's Gangnam Style, for example, will never fail to bring me back to Cambodia circa November 2012 when this song blew up here: every teenager sporting a cartoon PSY t-shirt, moments of hearing this song blast for the sixth time at a nearby wedding at 11 o clock at night as I lay in bed, scowling at my ceiling and trying in vain to sleep). Other songs make me think of more private moments had while I've been here. Others just put me in a good mood while walking to a grocery store in Phnom Penh (Taylor Swift- Red).

Any way you view it, these songs have been important to me over the past two years, and will forever remind me of this very unique time when I hear them in the future. I hope you (and future me!) will enjoy and feel free to leave your comments if and when you listen to it. (Leah, this playlist blows is not acceptable).

Love,

Leah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awkeiry;aoweirjalbvh;ori!!!!!

I can't listen to the playlist right this second but looking at the list gets me so excited! (I am most definitely skipping "Gangnam Style" to be perfectly honestly with you. I respect your memories, but holy cow, I fuggling hate that song.)

The John Legend song and "Something About Us" by Daft Punk are definitely great ones, and the latter is important to be for my own memories just within the past few months. Seeing Joni, Fleet Foxes, and JT also gets me so excited. And Radiohead. And Yaesayer. Jeez Leah. You killed it with this one!

Love you.

Anonymous said...

I put this playlist on while 'net surfing yesterday, and while the music doesn't really have much personal meaning to me (except Joni--love her), I enjoyed it. Not my normal cup of tea, but I'm not averse to drinking something new sometimes! xoxo