Friday, March 16, 2012

Library Development Project

Alright folks, so here's the deal. I am embarking upon my first "real" Peace Corps project... What does this mean, exactly? It means I am trying to raise enough money so that I can renovate the now termite-infested, cluttered, and generally abandoned library at my school into a working, functional, and useful resource... I will soon post pictures so you get the full extent of how naive I am.

However, regardless of my naiveté, I'm going to try my damnedest to make this work. And for that to happen, I need your help. How? you ask. By donating money that I don't have. You can do this here, at the Peace Corps website:

https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=303-025

As you can see, the goal is lofty: $2050. My intention is to be able to start this project by May and to finish in August. We will see how that actually pans out, but that is the plan... Please, please tell your friends, your co-workers, family- whoever. Any amount is GREATLY appreciated. You can donate by name, or anonymously if you prefer.

Thank you very much, and I am excited to keep you updated on the progress of this project!

3 comments:

hannahrosebaker said...

Leah,

Besides monetary donations, would book donations be acceptable at some point? Sam said Varney's may have books that they aren't using or selling that could possibly be shipped, should you need them. I realize that could get expensive, but if you will be accepting books, let me know and I can get Varney's involved! Yay! I am so excited about this project!!

Bakes

Anonymous said...

I tried to donate last night but it never appeared on the site or in my email. So, I tried again this morning. Hope it goes through and they update regularly so others can see you reach your goal!

xoxox
Mama

Leah said...

Hannah,

Book donations would be amazing, however, remember these books are meant to be read by Cambodian students whose english level is very low... But if there are books at Varneys you think would be appropriate given the level of the students, please, send them along, and thank you!! Any kind of donation is appreciated- monetary or otherwise- I'll take it all. <3