Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting is the hardest part.

Well, the time is almost here, folks. I leave on Friday to begin this journey with the Peace Corps! I am excited, nervous, and all emotions in between and around... It just doesn't feel real. And how can it? As I write this, I'm sitting at my lovely kitchen table in my nice suburban home in Manhattan, KS. Friday morning begins before 6:35 AM, which is when my plane takes off from Manhattan airport, laying over in Dallas before arriving in San Fran around noon. I'll be there for one day before leaving for Cambodia on the 23rd. There are 62 health and education volunteers in my group! Much larger than the group of 17 my friend Courtney in Senegal is experiencing.

I can't promise I'll be diligent about blogging, as I am new to this and still have not decided whether or not I want to keep a blog, but I will keep everyone posted one way or another whenever I have internet access, and stories to tell.

I'll be in Takeo for pre-service training, located in the south of Cambodia:

Rice fields in Takeo, Cambodia

I'll live with a host family, and probably one or two other volunteers. We will be studying the language and learning about the culture pretty much all day every day. So, there we have it! That's about all there is to say before the adventure starts. More to come...

No comments: